Counselling can seem expensive, and before you commit, you want to know if we are a good “fit”. The opportunity to check me out is offered at a reduced financial risk. You may choose from a 15 minute free consult, a reduced price on your first first, or an initial therapeutic email offered at a discount.
- Therapeutic emails: $100 per letter. (First letter, $65.)
- All Other Services: $110 per session. (Initial session, $75.) Alternatively, you may wish to take advantage of a fifteen minute free consult by phone or secure video, and then pay full price for the first session, should you choose to proceed.
- BEST VALUE! Online package deal, for all BC Residents: $540. This includes six sessions (mix and match email and video) at a value of $630.
- Please note this package expires three months after the date of purchase, even if the full six sessions are not used up. Money is not refundable.
- Full value must be paid up front.
- Package is renewable at the end of the three months.
- Past/current/future clients are all eligible.
The prices are the same regardless of the number of people involved in the session. Additionally, prices are the same for home visits, office visits, walk & talk therapy, and video sessions.
A session “hour” last fifty minutes. As noted elsewhere on this site, after every session you will receive a summary/reflection letter by encrypted email.
Payments are due prior to the session, or prior to the counsellor’s therapeutic email being sent. I accept email transfer, cash, or personal cheque. (No credit cards please.)
You must pay the full amount if you forget the appointment and do not show (with the exception of email counselling).
The clinical counselling services of Registered Social Workers are HST/GST EXEMPT. This is because:
- Canada Revenue Agency recognizes Social Work as a health profession, and
- Social Workers have their own College that polices their conduct.
In addition to RSWs, only Psychiatrists and Registered Psychologists qualify for this exemption. This means that you can claim the fees I charge as a medical expense when you file your taxes each year.
Many counsellors and agencies/organizations offer free or sliding scale counselling services. If you live in Greater Victoria, BC and would like information on these type of options, please get in touch. I can help direct you to one of these services. If you live elsewhere in British Columbia where you do not have access to free or sliding scale counselling, and cannot afford my rates, please get in touch. Together we can look at your options. RSCC may be able to offer you a reduced rate for online services.
Counselling services offered by Registered Social Workers are often covered by private insurance companies, extended health care benefits and health care spending accounts. I am an approved counselling provider for anyone who has coverage through the following:
- National Blue Cross,
- Pacific, Ontario, or Medavie (Atlantic) Blue Cross,
- GreenShield Canada,
- SSQ Financial Group,
- the Canadian Armed Forces, and
- Veteran’s Affairs Canada.
This is not an exhaustive list. Please check with your insurance or benefits provider to determine the details of your eligibility.